Last Updated on June 26, 2021 by Stellar Sunscreens
The sweltering summer heat can make a home uncomfortable, and most homeowners are compelled to cool their homes in various ways. Having a working HVAC system, and DIY solar screens, blinds, or shades can serve the purpose.
Solar screens help to cool a home by about 10-15° Celsius. They achieve this by blocking solar rays from reaching indoor surfaces. They also diffuse the sun’s rays, thus reducing the effects of solar energy. This helps to maintain optimal room temperatures, especially during hot weather seasons.
Read on to learn more about how solar screen mesh works, how to properly maintain it, and where to seek a professional installer.
Do Solar Screen Keep Heat Out?
Yes, they do lower the indoor temperature by about 15 degrees Celsius. The screen’s cooling effect is achieved when they block the sun rays from reaching indoor surfaces. The screens also have a reflective surface that reflects the sun’s radiation and prevents it from heating the window parts.
Solar screens also minimize the fading effect that the sun’s radiation has on carpets, curtains, furniture, and fixtures. The screens improve privacy, while also letting in enough light for indoor pot plants.
Should I Replace My Old Window Screens?
Like most home accessories, solar screens on the windows can be damaged by various elements. The durability of screens depends on environmental and structural factors, including screen mesh type, usage, and the elements of weather. If well maintained, they can last for 10-15 years. Thereafter, homeowners may replace them to ensure they work perfectly.
The Benefits of Solar Screens to Reduce Heat
Solar shades are vital window units that can be attached to the exterior or interior parts of the window. Apart from reducing heat, there are so many benefits that homeowners stand to gain by installing these accessories.
- Solar screens reduce the solar radiation entering the home by almost 90%, and thus cut heat gain by more than 10 degrees Celsius.
- The cooling effect of solar screens eases the burden of the air conditioner and cuts the cooling costs.
- The exterior solar screens also block the outdoor view while giving the home excellent privacy and ambient lighting indoors.
- The solar screens for patio areas reduce glares on most display screens including laptops, TVs, and smartphones.
- They protect carpets, furniture, and floors from harmful UV radiation that degrades them.
- Exterior solar screens are pest-resistant and can filter out dust and debris.
- Solar screens for the patio also allow ambient filtered light that is sufficient for indoor pot plants.
- Apart from reducing solar radiation, the solar screens also block UV rays from getting into your indoors.
- Well-designed exterior solar screens can also add to the beauty and aesthetic appeal of a home.
To experience the benefits of solar shades, it is crucial to have them installed by an expert. Homeowners also need to buy high-quality solar screens made from materials that do not biodegrade when exposed to excessive sun radiation. Moreover, ensure the screens have a warranty, as it will guarantee longevity or a refund in case it malfunctions.
Professional Solar Screens Installation Services in Phoenix
Do you need solar screens, but you are clueless about how to install solar screens? Solar screen installation is a simple process, but if you lack the expertise to install DIY solar screens, you can get a local technician. A professional service is ideal because it ensures that the screens are installed properly.
At Stellar Sunscreens, we offer perfect solar screen installation services for all property owners. If you’d like to get solar screen mesh installation services in Phoenix, AZ, do not hesitate to contact us.